New Jersey Cantaloupes aka Candy Loupes are here at our Salem County farm market in Pennsville, NJ 08070.
Our Jersey Cantaloupes are now available!! Cantaloupes are incredibly good for you, it absolutely a bonus that they are so delicious. They are potent in Vitamin A, more than any other yellow fruit. They protect against cancer. 100% the daily value of Vitamin C. HIGH FIBER! They also have potassium. Candy loupes also are 90% water, that’s why they are so refreshing on a hot summer day. (Stay hydrated!)
How To Pick the Perfect Cantaloupe:
Look for one that is quite round, and has a big of weight to it. The color you are looking for is an off-white cream. The less green the better. The smell will be classically sweet and a little musky.
Make sure you eat it within 3 days of cutting it open! Enjoy!
News at the Market:
- Candy Loupes are on market and picked daily!
- New Jersey White Peaches
- New Jersey Nectarines
- New Jersey Corn, New Jersey Tomatoes, New Jersey Blueberries, New Jersey Yellow Peaches, New Jersey Squash, New Jersey Green Beans, New Jersey Cucumbers, New Jersey Pickles, and New Jersey Green Peppers are still hot on the market. Come in and expect the freshest you can buy in Salem County.
- Long Hot Peppers are coming this week.
- New Jersey Eggplant is coming this week, too!
- Waiting for New Jersey Watermelon? Only two weeks left! Til’ then we have a Georgia variety that is sweet and our customers have been super happy with.
So Long, Until Next Year! :
- New Jersey pea season is completed.
Here are some new photos of whats on the market. Thanks Colt!
Be sure to visit our Facebook to see what is fresh on market!
Contact Us if you have any questions!